Thanks for the links. I'm pretty sure it's not a
crossdomain.xml, or security sandbox problem tho.

One thing to clarify: I'm using MDM Studio right now.
I might be using SWF Studio later, but in both cases,
just to use their UDP functionality.

This is a client/server application. The server is
receiving packets fine, I have port forwarding set up
appropriately on the server end. The client's firewall
is stopping UDP traffic.

Because it's a game, I want as little setup on the
client side as possible. The client shouldn't care
about port forwarding, proxies, and whatnot. The
server can do a ton of configuration for all I care,
but the client shouldn't have to do anything beyond
knowing where the server is.

http://www.overset.com/2007/07/13/simple-flash-remoting-proxy-through-linux/

http://www.overset.com/2007/03/19/clustered-flash-remoting-through-coldfusion-redirection-problems/

> You could also use the kernel proxy for using odd
> ports like DNS port.
>
> I would think the most likely port to be fully open
> for TCP/UDP traffic would be HTTPS on 443.
>
> Hope this helps some...
>
> --
> Jim Palmer ! Mammoth Web Operations

=== message truncated ===