-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andy
Herrman
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 4:59 PM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Combo Box Component Errors

I responded to your direct e-mail with a more detailed explanation,
but for the benefit of the list:

The way to fix this is to either do:

this._lockroot = true;

at the top of the AS code in the SWF that contains the combo boxes, or
do:

loadedMovie._lockroot = true;

in the loader movie, where loadedMovie is the movie clip that the
movie was loaded into.

  -Andy

On 6/21/07, Lord, Susan Ms. (CONTR) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am having a unique problem using the combo box component. When I run
> the file on its own, it works great, but when I load the swf into my
> main file it stops working. Now to eliminate possibilities for other
> errors I created 2 files to test this and removed all other
programming
> and am still having the same error.
>
> Would you mind taking a look and seeing if you can see my error?  **
> Sorry for the double post newbies.**
>
> In the test file, I drug 4 combo box components to the stage and gave
> them the
> instance of combo1, combo2, combo3 and combo4.
>
> Here is the code in the test file:
>

> //******************** Combo Boxes **********************\\
> function change(evt) {
>         trace(evt.target.selectedItem.label);
>         trace(evt.target);
>         for (var i = 1; i<=numComboBoxes; i++) {
>                 thisComboBox = this["combo"+i];
>                 trace('combo'+i+"  "+thisComboBox.value);
>         }
> }
>
> numComboBoxes = 4;
> for (var i = 1; i<=numComboBoxes; i++) {
>         var thisComboBox = this["combo"+i];
>         dataNum=0;
>         thisComboBox.addItem({data:dataNum++, label:""});
>         thisComboBox.addItem({data:dataNum++, label:"aa"});
>         thisComboBox.addItem({data:dataNum++, label:"bb"});
>         thisComboBox.addItem({data:dataNum++, label:"cc"});
>         thisComboBox.addItem({data:dataNum++, label:"dd"});
>         thisComboBox.addItem({data:dataNum++, label:"ee"});
>         thisComboBox.addItem({data:dataNum++, label:"ff"});
>         thisComboBox.addItem({data:dataNum++, label:"gg"});
>         thisComboBox.addItem({data:dataNum++, label:"hh"});
>         thisComboBox.addItem({data:dataNum++, label:"ii"});
>         thisComboBox.addItem({data:dataNum++, label:"jj"});
>         thisComboBox.addItem({data:dataNum++, label:"kk"});
>         thisComboBox.addItem({data:dataNum++, label:"ll"});
>         thisComboBox.addItem({data:dataNum++, label:"mm"});
>         thisComboBox.addEventListener("change", this);
>         thisComboBox.selectedIndex = 0;
> }

> Then in a second file I created a loader.  Here is the code:
>
> stop();
>
> var myLoadedClip_mc:MovieClip
> =this.createEmptyMovieClip("myLoadedClip_mc",
this.getNextHighestDepth)