Hi,

I don't think you'll be able to accomplish a smooth solution using the
Tweener class as you will need to know the *change* for the easing effect to
look nice. You cannot know the change since the user will actually be
changing it. The way it would be done with the Tweener is to set it to ease
to each position, but this will not really work well on its own. There may
be a way to manipulate the input to get the desired effect, but you may not
want to go down that route. You could also tweak the easing algorithm to
take different parameters, but that's again a route you are probably going
to want to avoid.

I'd say abuse the Tweener and show the choppy result; show the client and
simply explain that given technical restrictions, making something smoother
is going to take more time.

There is a quick way to create a dynamic easeOut effect, but it may be alot
different than the effect you're using. This effect takes the difference in
the distance of two values and repeatedly reduces the difference by a
percentage. This creates a "slowing down" effect.

//assuming ball is a movieclip on the stage
ball._y = 0;
targetBallY = 100;
limit = 1; //pick a limit to stop easing
fact = 0.2; //pick a factor
function onEnterFrame(){
//get the difference
var difference = targetBallY-ball._y;
if(difference>limit) ball._y += difference*fact;
else {
ball._y += difference;
onEnterFrame = null;