Unfortunately, pnt is not assigned anywhere else. It only appears in those
lines of code I have already sent.
If I replace them with pnt.x=pnt.x; pnt.y=pnt.y; the code works fine! But
anything else fails.

Well, that would be the equivalent of commenting out the lines since no change would take place.

One thing to notice (still on the vein of my previous email) is this - you create pnt on that "pnt = new..." line, but on the next loop iteration, if those initial pnt.x lines are not commented, you are just re-assign values to them. You'd be changing the value of the pnt instance just created on the previous pass of the loop. Later reassign a new copy of Point to the pnt variable just creates a new Point, but the original point (from the previous loop iteration) still has its values changed.


I am thinking this could be an internal Flash bug. Where should I report
this? I am willing to send all of my code if this could help tracing out the
bug.

Honestly? While I can't seem to understand what's wrong in your code or in its output - I don't know what's the expected result after all and I can't see it running - I'd say this is hardly the case of an 'internal' Flash bug. Chances are, somebody would have already run into something this big. It's nothing personal, but at this stage, I'd say there's a much higher probability that there's an error in your algorithm.

Adobe has some way to report bugs, somewhere on their website, though.


Zeh
_______________________________________________
Flashcoders mailing list
[email protected]
http://chattyfig.figleaf.com/mailman/listinfo/flashcoders

Reply via email to