> Does that means that only the Sprite class will be added or will all the
> classes under display will still be added?

All classes under display will be added if you wrote
import flash.display.Sprite;

then only the Sprite class would be imported..

Another basic question... could some one point me to a resource to
> understand the difference between
>
> var mySprite:Sprite = new Sprite;
>
> and
>
> //notice the end ()
> var mySprite:Sprite = new Sprite();

Dude good question.. I dont think there is a diference.. cause both works...
and never feel hesitant to ask newbie questions..