Objects (text boxes in particular) work fine in a Flash 8 movie loaded into
Flex …that is unless you click on a flex object. At which point it doesn't
want to give the focus back to the Flash 8 movie. Not even if you click on
the text box a thousand times.

However the "tab" key on the keyboard (in my application) allows you to
click and then type in the Flash 8 text box. In my application, the Flash 9
text box is above the Flash 8 text box which might have something to do with
why tab 'works' (of course tab doesn't give focus to the text box, you still
have to click on it).

It's not really acceptable to force the users to press tab between objects
that look like they're part of the same application. "Why can't I type in
the text box anymore?" I can just hear it.

It is perfectly illustrated here: http://www.brandonellis.org/?p=9

I don't understand why this isn't a high priority with Adobe. I will not be
able to convince my organization to rewrite these huge AS2 applications all
at once, but if I could load the old application into Flex, I could do all
new development and all fixes in AS3. An incremental approach is welcome.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

William Chadwick