I agree, this situation is on top of my wishlist.
Thanks again.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kenneth Kawamoto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Flash Coders List" <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 8:33 AM
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Detection Kit and Express install for flash player9?

do you us a HTML alternate page aswell?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It all depends on the nature of the site
and requirements of the client.

If it's an AS3 site with no HTML alternatives, since I personally cannot
trust Express Install, I would show a link to the FP download page so
that the user can update the player manually if the player version is <
9. But there are reports SWFObject fails to detect the player version
correctly on IE7 updated from IE6. Therefore I may will have to use
Adobe detection script instead for the version detection.

There ought to be more elegant solution though. I hope someone can chime
in for this issue.

Kenneth Kawamoto
http://www.materiaprima.co.uk/

Vlado Krempl wrote:
Thanks for your reply Kenneth.

Just one question, when you design a flash webpage, do you us a HTML alternate page aswell?

Cheers,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kenneth Kawamoto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>