You can with override

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Namens Alistair Colling
Verzonden: donderdag 1 mei 2008 13:21
Aan: Flash Coders List
Onderwerp: [Flashcoders] How do I remove methods of superclass in AS2?

Hiya, thanks for checking this. I have a custom class that I am using as
kind of button. The thing is I now want to remove the onPress and onRelease
methods as there  is a nested movieclip I want to attach these events to.

What I would like to know is can I remove or nullify the methods of a
superclass from the subclass?

Any help very much appreciated, an outline of my code is below.

Thanks :)

Ali

                // superclass
class Classes.AnswerBut extends MovieClip{

                function AnswerBut(){
                        trace("AnswerBut created");
                }

                public function onPress(){
                        //actions here
                }

                public function onRelease(){
                        //actions here

                //subclass
class Classes.NoAnswerBut extends Classes.AnswerBut{

                function NoAnswerBut(){
                        trace("NoAnswerBut created");
                }

                // I want to remove the onPress / onRelease events in the
Checked by AVG.
6:10 PM