Shant Parseghian wrote:

> When streaming in a MP3 with 192kbps, I was having the last couple minutes
> of my mp3 cut off in Flash. Basically the mix was acting as if it was 46
> minutes long instead of it's real duration of 44 minutes. I made the
bitrate
> 96kbps and tested it again and this time the file ended 20 minutes early,
> which is very confusing. Is there a standard bitrate to use while working
> with Flash? Is this a bug from Adobe?

Are you working in AS2 or 3? (It does seem to make a difference).

In my experience, converting to mp3 almost always changes the length of the
file (though. I will admit, not that drastic).

You have a lot of choices with Flash, in Publish Settings -> Audio Stream
and Audio Event. It could be that you're embedding .mp3 files in the
library, then further compressing them. You can play around with those
settings, but if you're bringing in audio that's already .mp3-compressed,
you shouldn't need to compress if further in Flash.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson