For patterns on Shapes, look no further that the beginBitmapFill
function. It takes a bitmap and repeats it on a Shape. You call it
from the Shape's graphics functions; as follows:

var bd:BitmapData = Your bitmapData of your repeatable pattern goes here;
var sh:Shape = new Shape();
sh.graphics.beginBitmapFill(bd);
sh.graphics.drawRoundRect(0, 0, 200, 200, 8);

That will generate a square, but you can do anything with it...

Hopefully, that will help though. I'm not quite sure about how to use
the IDE very much.

Ashim

--
Random Lines 3D