The problem with splitting Flash up into the Designer App and the Coder App
(Talking Flash here, not Flex which i've never used) is that those of us
that have to deal with Flash as a scaling entity (I'm a freelance developer
so this week it's banners, next week it's site development and OOP) will be
forced to use 2 different environments, wtih all the relearning that using
different apps takes. I like how I can choose to use the Flash IDE for
anything or kick development out to another app for more intense work (I've
been using FlashDevelop with parallels where necessary) for any project I
do.

Designers need training to learn to use the timeline for their code rather
than putting it into arbitrary movieclips. That's the solution to the new
paradigm.