Hi Zeh,

There's just so much you had to know about an employee on Flash development, that just an interview doesn't cut it; seeing how the person works once he/she settles down is a must. You can't have a guy dragging the office around just because he knew the right answers at one specific time.

I  totally agree, good point.

So no, it does not sound sad to me, sorry if I sounded harsh or anything (that wasn't my intention).

No problem :) Discussions can get heated sometimes. Thats normal on lists like this ;)

Sid

Zeh

Sidney de Koning wrote:
So where it all comes down to is that everybody has its own personal preferences of doing. A personal set of things to do and how to spot a good coder or an opinion on what makes a good flash developer, whether this is by showing code, letting them do some questions, shoing some work or all of the above. If somebody steps into our office and understands the concept of programming, knows its syntax but is not that good in AS coding, i'll give him / her a shot, treat that person as a junior and see what they do in their trial period(mostly it is 1 or 2 months, depending what country you are in). Depending on the questions they ask you kindof know what they are like. If they've proven them selfs usefull and are willing to learn, i'll invest in that person with a contract.
Does that still sound sad to you Zeh?
Sid