Have any swc components in the library that could be causing it? Are there
any other classes in your class path?

If it's as simple as you've described, maybe you should create a new fla and
move code and timelines over little by little - when the new fla begins
throwing the errors, you will know what it is.
Another way to debug it would be to comment out all document class code and
make layers guides. If it compiles then re-enable parts of the fla slowly to
find the issue.