// update window after 1s without receiving data or case buffer exceds 100 chars
   function log(str) {
buffer += str + chr(10); if (buffer.length > 100) {
           checkChange();
       } else {
           clearInterval(intervalCheckChange);
           intervalCheckChange = setInterval(this, "checkChange", 1000);
   function checkChange() {
       clearInterval(intervalCheckChange);
       if (buffer.length > 0) {
           TF_debug.text += buffer;
           buffer = "";
           if (TF_debug.text.length > (maxChars + 1000)) {
TF_debug.text = TF_debug.text.substr(TF_debug.text.length - maxChars); TF_debug.text = TF_debug.text.substr(TF_debug.text.indexOf(chr(10)) + 1);
           }
           MC_scroll.gotoEnd();
           MC_scroll.checkChange();

Fabrício Seger Kolling - Dulldusk

Christoffer Enedahl wrote:
I do something like this, It can be optimized, Im moving all logs every time when you can have something like a ringbuffer instead:

       private var _log:Array = new Array(20);
       public function log(t:*)
       {
           for (var i:int = 0; i < _log.length-1; i++) {
               _log[i] = _log[i + 1];
           }
           _log[_log.length - 1] = t;
                     output.text = _log.join("\n");
       }

HTH/Christoffer

eric e. dolecki skrev:
Hey all,
I have a class that serves as a debugger - containing a textfield that text gets dumped into. Rather quickly. What might be the best way to simply limit the number of lines in the field itself, as the appends after a while bog
the application down (understandable).

I have many ideas, but I don't want the mechanism to clean up add too much
overhead itself.

Thanks,
Eric