Ali,
  You need to set the visible _after the clip has loaded_ - because a
load replaces a bunch of properties on a MovieClip, including
_visible. Take a look at the MovieClipLoader class, which dispatches a
callback called onComplete when the clip is loaded.

  An alternative is to create a parent container for the loading clip,
and set that parent _visible=false;

HTH,
   Ian