Thanks Ian and Juan, I had forgotten about that!
Cheers,
Ali

On 16 Sep 2008, at 17:25, Juan Pablo Califano wrote:

When you use loadMovie (or loadClip, for that matter), the target clip is
replaced by the loaded clip (or swf) and loses all of its properties.

So, when you do this:

initLoader.loadClip("assets.swf", tmpContainer);

tmpContainer will have all its default values reset. And so, _visible will
be true, not false.

An option is nesting the target clip inside another empty clip and set the
visibility on the parent.

+ root
    +  holder_mc
        +  targetClip_mc

holder_mc._visible = false;
holder_mc.targetClip_mc.loadMovie("etc"); //or use loadClip

Cheers
Juan Pablo Califano