Well, the most important reason for people to have the latest FP is the
security fix(fixed in 9.0.124).  But, Adobe does not supply that
version's penetration as of yet:
<http://www.adobe.com/products/player_census/flashplayer/version_penetration.html><http://www.adobe.com/products/player_census/flashplayer/version_penetration.html>

As for creating your own survey for your users, this would be pretty
straight forward. Get the version they are using on load, send the version
to a database, compare overall versions = result. Also, you could probably
inject JS into the page the swf lives and pull the version that way so you
don't have to recompile/embed & deploy a new swf.

B.