I'm using AS3. After loading in an arbitrary swf using the Loader class, getRect and getBounds don't necessarily reveal the internally defined boundaries of the loaded swf, rather they seem to return the boundaries of the stuff inside the loaded swf which can be either smaller or larger than the internally defined boundaries. Am I missing something?

I want to load in a swf, create a mask around it so that only the stuff that is supposed to show is shown, and then scale it to fit a target area. This should be easy, right?

Thanks!