I was sucked in to a project developing a contractor management system...

there were problems with not knowing for sure if the data was being returned, and I needed the ability to load data from a remote source so:

   * I had the data be loaded in a script tag as an array,
   * then had the loaded script call a function called load(option),
     that is established in a script tag with static source
   * based on the parameter passed it performs an function with that
     data, and the only thing I need is a timeout timer

does this sound a bit hackish? I have used it, and it is very reliable, allowing for all sorts of params to be passed through GET

I was also thinking that in the future this could be used to load any type of data from foriegn sources as all I would need is the innerHTML of the tag

Are there better ways to do this that are as reliable?