Adobe AIR?

Or one of the Flash2EXE projector technologies:
SWFStudio: http://www.northcode.com/swfstudio.php
SWHX: http://screenweaver.org/doku.php
or its wrapper, HippoHX: http://hippohx.com/

(For completeness, Zinc also exists, but I'd never recommend it to anyone.)

Additionally, I thought - and it is only a distant memory - that using
fscommand you could open/exec a _document_ and that the operating
system would open the appropriate viewer. Have you actually tried it?
(It should be a one-line test. :-) )

HTH,
   Ian