Hi I had this issue a couple of years ago too. It's hard for me to remember exactly, but I believe that I changed the onChange function to simply set a variable with the page name, instead of calling the page event immediately -- and then used a different event to read the set variable when it was time to load the first page; which made the two differentiated and thus no longer co-dependent and eliminated the double loading... hope you could follow that!
:P

S.

Jason Van Pelt wrote:
Hello all,

I'm using swfaddress and puremvc on a site that is about 90% done.
Everything works well in the Flash IDE and in the browser with one
exception -- I have a home button that navigates to "/" using swfaddress.
However, ONLY in the browser the SWFAddressEvent is fired twice. If I
replace "/" with "/home", this works fine.

In the SWFAddressProxy class:

            public function requestURI(uri:String):void{
                  if (ExternalInterface.available) {
                        SWFAddress.setValue(uri);
                  } else {
                        setTargetURI(uri);
                  }
            }

            private function onAddressChange(e:SWFAddressEvent):void{
                  setTargetURI(e.value);
            }

            private function setTargetURI(uri:String):void{
                  var addressObj:Object =
{viewComponent:this.viewComponent, pageName:uri};
                  sendNotification(ApplicationFacade.DISPLAY_VIEW,
addressObj);
            }


In the NavManager class:

            switch (url){
                  case "/":   // gets called twice??
                  case "/home":     // works fine
                  case "/home/":    // works fine
                        mediatorName = HomeMediator.NAME;
                  break;
            ....
            }


Using "/home" isn't a totally  unacceptable solution, but it makes a
difference in how the url displays in the browser's address bar... which is
the whole point.

Has anyone else noticed any issues with using "/" with swfaddress?





JASON VAN PELT  •  SENIOR INTERACTIVE DEVELOPER

PETER A MAYER ADVERTISING
324 CAMP ST  •  NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130
TEL 504-210-1232  •  FAX 504-529-4431

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  •  WWW.PETERAMAYER.COM


----------------------------------------------------------------------------- PETER MAYER ADVERTISING CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Confidentially, we loathe confidentiality notices. Still, our lawyers tell us they are essential in today's world. That said, please consider yourself confidentially notified that this email and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender with a reply email-confidentially, of course-and destroy all copies. And, just between you and us, any dissemination by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Flashcoders mailing list
[email protected]
http://chattyfig.figleaf.com/mailman/listinfo/flashcoders
_______________________________________________
Flashcoders mailing list
[email protected]
http://chattyfig.figleaf.com/mailman/listinfo/flashcoders

Reply via email to