Or indeed use a timer and increase the delay after every time it ends &
calls the function; until it passes a condition that stops it.
Zeh Fernando wrote:
There's maybe some elegant way to do that with normal Timers, or maybe to
wrap around a function to make TweenLite use it, but if you're in a hurry,
Tweener does that with the (slightly) cryptic addCaller() method:
http://hosted.zeh.com.br/tweener/docs/en-us/methods/Tweener_addCaller.html
Zeh
On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 7:14 PM, Eric E. Dolecki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am after tweening events more than the actual position of a selector.
ie. class.increment(); <short pause> class.increment(); <slightly longer
pause> class.increment(); <even longer pause>... until stop
So I would be providing a UI of selected items via visual easing.
I think I have this nailed down... just wanted to get some other ideas on
how best to approach it.
On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 4:38 PM, sebastian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Erm, I am not sure I understand; so let me paraphrase:
You want to scroll one area based on the position of a mouse in another,
right?
If so, just measure the bounds [x/y difference] from some center range
and
apply a Tween to the area you want to scroll.
BTW: I would generally always recommend against using timers to apply
movements; I've seen far too much code written that uses timers
incorrectly
and it's a real pain in the *** Stick to simple tween calls; like:
TweenLite.
With kind,
Sebastian.
Eric E. Dolecki wrote:
I was thinking about this the other day... easing of a selection of
items
in
a list.
Now, one could move a selector with a mouse, and then kind of throw it
and
then check the onUpdate of it's single ease (use speed as the
determination
for how far it should travel) to check if it's within the bounds of an
item,
and highlight that item, deselecting the previous item.
That approach works and is probably the easiest.
But what if you wanted to use an index of items & use an easing approach
(or
something that looked like it) where the items themselves had a selector
clip within them... so you wouldn't be moving a selector item under them
all, but affecting them in order with easing. What might be a good
approach
for something like that? Perhaps a timer with a reverse damping
interval?
What might that look like as a good approach.
_______________________________________________
Flashcoders mailing list
[email protected]
http://chattyfig.figleaf.com/mailman/listinfo/flashcoders
--
http://ericd.net
Interactive design and development
_______________________________________________
Flashcoders mailing list
[email protected]
http://chattyfig.figleaf.com/mailman/listinfo/flashcoders
_______________________________________________
Flashcoders mailing list
[email protected]
http://chattyfig.figleaf.com/mailman/listinfo/flashcoders
_______________________________________________
Flashcoders mailing list
[email protected]
http://chattyfig.figleaf.com/mailman/listinfo/flashcoders