So I guess what i'm trying to get at is that I'd like to apply gravity and
momentum to an objects angle rather than directly to their y axis

anyone have any ideas?

thanks

--------------------------------------

hi guys

could anyone point me in the right direction to do the following, please?

I'd like an object that is dragged to correctly respond to being pulled
around by pivoting around the point it is dragged by (also applying downward
force to represent gravity)

for example, if i hold a pencil lightly at one end, it will pivot around the
point i am holding and swing until it comes to a rest pointing straight
down.

does anyone know of any tutorials that go into this kind of thing?

thanks for your help