Strk: Are you trolling or something, because you are seriously ill advised if you think that no-one is using a Flash Player that supports AS3.

Carl:

I don't think that you can easily walk up and down the display list in AS3 like you could in AS2 - as I don't think MovieClip has a callMedia func, you can't cast something to a MovieClip then call the function. You could try casting it as your class with the callMedia function:

   (this.parent.parent as MediaCaller).callMedia(...)

I would have a look at this article, but you may be better off looking at dispatching events from your "this" and listening for them in parent.parent

http://joshblog.net/2007/07/12/disabling-actionscript-3-strict-mode-in-flash-cs3/

   HTH

   Glen

Don't use it !
Running after latest and greatest thing isn't necessarely
a good thing. Beside, no free flash player supports AS3
at the moment, so your choice will affect freedom of people
to use the content you make available.

--strk;

Glen Pike
01326 218440