To: "Flash Coders List" <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 10:49 PM
Subject: [Flashcoders] What heck is up with "parent" in actionscript 3?

Hi again,

I am trying to call a function to a parent of a movieclip. I've tried these two items that I found but to no avail:

(this.parent.parent as MovieClip).callMedia(String("audio"));

AND:

MovieClip(parent.parent).callMedia(String("audio"));

Am I missing something? I'm finding that everything I took for granted in AS2 is now convoluted in AS3... I'm so frustrated.