http://www.mydomain.com/index.html?passedPage=180
This won't pass into flash as a flashvar.  You have a few options though.

   - Use Javascript to grab the query string and then write it in as a
   flashvar or query string to the swf. (ex: MySwf.swf?passedPage=180"
   - Make an ExternalInterface call a javascript function that returns the
   variables to you.
   - Auto populate the flashvar with a serverside language: php, cf, jsp...
   etc....
   - If you're using Flex, look into BrowserManager.

Cheers,
Nate