From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Nate Beck
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 10:35 AM
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] How to access var passed in URL from AS2 class

http://www.mydomain.com/index.html?passedPage=180
This won't pass into flash as a flashvar.  You have a few options though.

   - Use Javascript to grab the query string and then write it in as a
   flashvar or query string to the swf. (ex: MySwf.swf?passedPage=180"
   - Make an ExternalInterface call a javascript function that returns the
   variables to you.
   - Auto populate the flashvar with a serverside language: php, cf, jsp...
   etc....
   - If you're using Flex, look into BrowserManager.

Cheers,
Nate