On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 09:27:06AM -0500, Merrill, Jason
<jason.merr...@bankofamerica.com> wrote:
> You may want to look at the haxe language and compiler which already
> does what you're trying to do and see if you can compete with that

haxe is a nifty project. But they're inventing their own language,
which is only similar to (and not quite identical with) ActionScript.

My goal is to be fully compatible with the ActionScript
compiler in Flash CS4 and Flex, but hopefully produce smaller output files
(Flex's code generator, in particular, is producing somewhat bloated
 bytecode right now) and also offer the aforementioned syntax enhancements.

Btw.: Thanks for all the great suggestions so far!

Greetings

Matthias