How do you mean? HaXe will still have the same limitations in the Flash Player/AIR: no server sockets. Of course, you could write the helper applications in any language of your choice. I only would prefer some language which can convert to native executables for OSX, Windows and maybe even Linux...
Couldn't HaXe a good candidate for a solution?

Omar Fouad wrote:
Hi all,

I wanted to ask if there is a way to let two AIR applications connect to
each other through a home network (the same AIR application running on
different computers) by using sockets or any other method.

Thanks.