Screenweaver is Neko. :-) It just happens to host an instance of the
Flash Player, and so can run AS3/SWFs inside itself.

You can't write a socket server in the Screenweaver AS3 API - however,
you can write one in the host (neko) app, and talk to it via the AS3
API you've pointed out, Anthony.

And yes - as I already said, I'm not advocating this as a solution to
Omar's problem per se - I was simply clarifying haXe's capabilities.

Cheers,
   Ian

(Who has a fair few Screenweaver apps kicking around...)