I fixed my issue for those who care. I consists of a mix of the first two
examples posted in this thread. I placed my flashcontent div inside a
container div. The width and height passed to swfobject are both 100% and
the container div is set to the intended width and height. I then passed the
container id to BrowserCanvas instead of the flashcontent id as well as
passing an empty array for the browser hacks param.

Your canvas object allows you to set width and height separately but still
updates both dimensions when either setter is called. For some reason this
causes FF for mac to consider the other dimension as 0. The fix for this was
setting both properties everytime even if one never changes.

--
--Joel Stransky
stranskydesign.com