Hi,

You should be able to get the width of each sprite with the single letter in???

Maybe mask the stream area out. Start each letter at x - letterWidth, increase the x after each interval, when the letter reaches x=0, create & show the next one, add it to your array. Loop through the array each timer increasing the x position of the letters, removing them when they reach the other side??? Something like that??/ Glen

ali drongo wrote:
Hi there, I'm animating some letters that are dynamically created in their
own sprites across the screen as if they are being fired in a stream.
Currently I am using a fixed width font so it's straight forward to find
their final position. My problem is that I need to use a non fixed-width
font and I don't know how to calculate the position of each letter.

Any ideas very gratefully received!

Thanks :)
Ali

Glen Pike