I was considering using an xml file to store high score data for a game. It
is quite possible that this game will have a significant amount of traffic
(certainly in the first few days after launch) and I am now wondering if an
xml file would be suitable. I am not sure what happens in the scenario where
multiple players want to update the highscore at the same time - they will
all need to write to the file. I assume this is the same scenario with a
database but think perhaps updating a database is more efficient.

Anyone care to offer any insight into whether an xml file would be suitable
or not?

Thanks

Paul