We've build an interface for a 512x384 movie using an external skin movie built at 1024x768. We've actually been doing this for a number of years, but now that we're trying to improve the quality of our art, I'm noticing something for the first time. When the imported movie is scaled down, the filters become exaggerated. My take on this is that the pixel values specified in the filters are relative to the root clip, not relative to the clip on which they are applied. This effectively doubles the effect of the filter when the clip is scaled down.

Is there a work around?

Thanks!