So, you may be right but I'm not entirely convined about unload() sorting out event handlers.

Well there's nothing to sort out if the external content only has events going
on inside itself.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Andrews" <p...@ipauland.com>
To: "Flash Coders List" <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 2:11 AM
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Memory concerns

----- Original Message ----- From: "Muzak" <p.ginnebe...@telenet.be>
To: "Flash Coders List" <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 7:46 PM

If you have many listeners in a loaded external movie and then you remove
the movie are the listeners still in memory, which might cause problems
later?

Yes.

AFAIK, that's a "No". If there are no more references *to* the external movie, you should be fine.

I'm not sure that's true for Loader.unload() and event handlers..

There are problems however with external movies having NetConnection, NetStream and Sound objects.
For that, a new method was introduced:

Interestingly enough this method explicitly deals with event dispatchers and is only available in FP10.

So, you may be right but I'm not entirely convined about unload() sorting out event handlers.

Paul