Try iterating / looping through the main timeline (the old AS2 _root) clip. I don't think you can rename that one.

I think if you are using timeline ActionScript and adding children to something, it is always the clip your code is in - so in this case, you are probably adding to the root clip. You probably should not be able to add children to the stage directly ;)

HTH

Glen

Gustavo Duenas wrote:

Hi Glen, I did as you said and this is the result of the first part:clip is [object MainTimeline] name root1 how can I rename the object?True is I don't know how.
I tried using :

var newWindow:AboutUsWindow = new AboutUsWindow();
newWindow.name = "newWindow";

but it returns nothing, I only have the phrase you have in the beginning of my email.

Regards,

Gustavo