1900 lines of code to fetch some stuff....

Joseph Masoud wrote:
Have you considered using existing bulk loaders?
http://code.google.com/p/bulk-loader/

You've got a relatively complex task ahead if you're going to write the code all by yourself.

Essentially the idea is to have two stacks, a loading stack and a pending stack [list of assets to be loaded]. Ensure there is only one loader in the loading stack at any time during the loading process if order is important.

I suggest creating a separate data type for storing information about the images, however I think you might want to consider letting one object deal with the loading process.

Many thanks,
Joseph