To: "Flash Coders List" <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 12:36 AM
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Image loader problem

Hello everyone,
The OP did not specify what his deployment requirements are.

Personally, I'm happier working with 1900 lines of well structured and
reasonably well documented code.

Maintainability is an essential feature of complex software systems.

I referred the OP to an existing solution for several reasons:
1. He will be able to see what a well designed system looks like

2. Since the source is readily available, the OP gets an excellent case study about classification (arguably the more heuristic part of software development)

3. It demonstrates the proper use of Events

4. It'll save him a lot of time in the future, Bulk loader is a  generic
library, ad-hoc code is not

To make this conversation more constructive, it would be nice if you could point out, explicitly if you may, what would be wrong with using bulk-loader?

Finally, please note that my original response was just a suggestion.

NB. I am not implying that bulk-loader would have been a superior  solution to
the one already offered.

Many thanks,
Joseph