Unfortunately, that doesn't work. That returns something (an empty XMLList, I believe).

The best way to test for attribute existence and/or if it has a value is what I wrote.

Glen Pike wrote:
Thanks for the answers with the length() thing - I tried out a few of those and got working thing
You're suggesting to write more code to do the same thing. Why should anyone write more code to do the same thing?

With the above comment in mind - I was trying to do if(no...@attribute) which I thought would be the simplest most sensible way of doing - if something does not exist, why return an object / value? I could test for undefined, but that did not seem to work, I will try again though...

Thanks.

Glen