From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Paul Steven
Sent: 06 September 2009 20:36
To: 'Flash Coders List'; 'Alan Watts'
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] RE: Rather urgent advice on how to track the
cause of a crash

Still plugging away at this and have just tried opening the file in Flash
CS4. Couple of strange things.

It brought up a font mapping dialog box saying a font "HelveticaCE" is
contained in my movie and not on my system. I do not recall this font being
added and if I do a "Generate Size Report", it is not detailed here. I have
mapped it to Helvetica but this seems strange that I cannot find it - anyone
suggest a way to find it? I tried using Movie Explorer too.

Also another weird thing after I closed this dialog box, I got an error
saying a script in your movie is causing the movie to.... This was before I
had even tried to publish or test the movie. Strange thing too is that if I
close Flash CS4 and reopen I do not get this error again. So perhaps it was
just a one off - very strange!

Anyway I have published the game using CS4 with same publish settings and
haven't got the crash again yet but that doesn't mean it won't re-appear.

Is it worth rewriting the code in AS3? There isn't really much code in this
game - it is simply a plane controlled by mouse that flies over a terrain.
Main code as follows just in case anyone spots anything that is likely to
cause a problem. This code is called onEnterFrame

function faceMouse(obj:MovieClip)
{

         var r2d = 180 / Math.PI;

     var dx:Number = _xmouse - obj._x;
     var dy:Number = _ymouse - obj._y;

     var rads = Math.atan2(dy, dx);

     obj._rotation = rads * r2d;

        _level0.planeShadowMC._rotation = obj._rotation;
}

function moveToMouse( obj:MovieClip, distance:Number)
{
        var dx:Number = _xmouse - obj._x;
    var dy:Number = _ymouse - obj._y;

    var rads:Number = Math.atan2( dy, dx);

        var numNewMapX = gameMap.mapAll._x - Math.cos( rads) * distance;
        var numNewMapY = gameMap.mapAll._y - Math.sin( rads) * distance;

        if (dx > 0) {

                if (numNewMapX >= objGame.numMinX) {

                        gameMap.mapAll._x = numNewMapX;

                }

        } else {

                if (numNewMapX <= objGame.numMaxX) {

                        gameMap.mapAll._x = numNewMapX;

        if (dy > 0) {

                if (numNewMapY >= objGame.numMinY) {

                        gameMap.mapAll._y = numNewMapY;

                }

        } else {

                if (numNewMapY <= objGame.numMaxY) {

                        gameMap.mapAll._y = numNewMapY;

        radar.radarMap._x = (gameMap.mapAll._x/10) + 70;
        radar.radarMap._y = (gameMap.mapAll._y/10) + 46;