I have heard that one should know C before diving into Obj-C. I did not do
that as I wanted to dive in quicker. Once you get your head around memory
management and how to manipulate NSString, etc. you'll be well on your way.
The whole .h .m thing is strange, etc. I'm not sure if it would have made a
big difference for me to learn C first or not, but I chose not to and spent
a lot of time reading tutorials and books about Obj-C. I suppose it all
depends on what kind of sponge you are.

Eric

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 2:30 PM, .matt <mattsp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So is it a fools errand to try to dive into iPhone dev without knowing C
> going in? Can one bypass C and dive directly into O-C?
>
> .m

http://ericd.net
Interactive design and development