allandt bik-elliott (thefieldcomic.com) wrote:
if you look at the html / php / mysql model, mvc has a very natural flow -
the mysql database and the php interact much like the controller (php) and
the model (mysql) and the result is then fed to the views (the served html
page).

I do not believe that the view is solely html, but a mixture of php and html. I say, the full idea is a mess.

I have a more realistic (and complicated) idea of how an application should be:

Have one part responsible for the overall display, with subparts related to showing individual things, such as retrieved data and GUI controls. Then add a part that manages the backend data storage. And a part that changes the data. And finally, a part that glues all the visual stuff together to act on the data changing and data retrieval.