> Thanks Dave, this is probably why my head hurts. I guess I'm pretty
> interested in
> security specific to flash player and how it can be attacked.

Right, but for the most part this doesn't have anything to do with
developers. As a developer, I can build applications that use the
features of the Flash Player, but presumably they're going to use
those features in a responsible way.

Most Flash Player-specific security issues are end-user issues: an
end-user might run someone else's application which is intentionally
designed to do malicious things. The same thing happens with PDFs: as
a developer I might build PDF forms, for example, but I'm not going to
try to compromise the client that uses them. But end-users may well
download PDFs intentionally designed to do just that.

So, in summary, as a developer, you need to assume that your
client-side code can be completely viewed by an attacker, and you need
to secure the server-side calls made by that code just like you would
with an HTML interface.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.