Thanks for reply - already did this one
fullscreen function was moved to a MouseEvent - Click handler:

        private function ClickFullScreenButton(event : MouseEvent) : void {

                //dispatchEvent( new MenuEvent( MenuEvent.FULL_SCREEN , false )
)
                stage.fullScreenSourceRect = new Rectangle( 0 ,0 ,
Capabilities.screenResolutionX , Capabilities.screenResolutionY);

            if (stage.displayState == StageDisplayState.NORMAL) {

                stage.displayState=StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN;

            } else { stage.displayState=StageDisplayState.NORMAL; }

        }

Pasted the wrong function before ( had just moved it )... still scratching my
head on this one...

also ( another oddity ) - Chrome for OsX does not seem to change the mouse when
hovering over a button - but well - i can live with
that - if i get Fullscreen working...

Thanks again...