Thanks for your thoughts (to all, what a great community response!)

Theres one feature I havent mentionned : the product will be customizable.
Meaning, taking a shirt for example, the user should be able to change the
length and colors of the sleeves.
A bit like : http://www.woodeos.com/product.php?id_product=15

which is probably the closest example of what I want to achieve, plus free
view rotation

A priori, any kind of pre-rendered animation is out of the loop.

I have worked on pre-rendered 3D on a customization module before, but it
proved to be a pain in the ...
See it here : http://www.macouette.com/index.php?module=personnalisation

The bed is a photo, which I modelized in 3dsMax,  then applied textures, and
exported each color of each texture as separate png ... very painfull ...

And the color customization features are required for the 3d shirt project