PS:

Also, some RESTful services are rather strict about what HTTP command they
accept. Some will only allow POST for some operations and GET for others.
This might be the case here...

As a side note, if you set your code to use POST but you don't send any data
in the request body, flash will switch to GET silently (this is documented
in "fine print" in the docs but I had missed). A simple solution for this is
sending some dummy data to force flash to use POST.