From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Geografiek
Sent: woensdag 2 maart 2011 12:45
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] currency issue

Hi Cor,
I would say:
1) convert all the floating points in the currency values to points (I have
a class that can do that if you need)
2) iterate through all the arrays, convert the items to number and if that
value !NaN, push the currency values to a new array
3) sort the resulting array numerically and ... voila HTH Willem van den
Goorbergh

On 26 feb 2011, at 17:39, Cor wrote:

> I read in a txt file with different formats which can be interpreted
> as columns.
> There are 3 types of text files where every line of text is formatted
> like
> this:
>
> text - text - currency - currency - text - text - text
>
> or this:
>
> text - text - text - currency - currency - currency - text - text -
> text - text
>
> or this:
>
> text - text - text - text - currency - currency -  currency - currency
> - text - text - text - text - text
>
> I trim of all the spaces and put every line in an multidimensional
> array with every item in its sub-array I then would like to detect
> which currency item is the lowest.
> There are empty currency fields, so those have to be discarded.
> All the items are String data type and the "floating point" is a comma
> because it is a European format.
>
> How can I iterate through these items with the lowest price as result?
> Also any better approach is appreciated!
>

> regards,
> Cor

Geografiek is a Dutch, Utrecht-based map and chart design company.
Willem van den Goorbergh can be contacted by telephone: (+31)30-2719512 or
cell phone: (+31)6-26372378 or by fax: (+31)302719687 snail mail:
Hooghiemstraplein 89 3514 AX UTRECHT Visit our website at: www.geografiek.nl
twitter: @wvdgoorbergh