function submitHandler(e:MouseEvent) {
            var myArr:Array = topskillsfield.selectedIndices;

            var selectedTopSkills:String = "";

            for(var i:int = 0; i < myArr.length; i++) {
                var j:int = myArr[i];
                if(selectedTopSkills == "") {
                    selectedTopSkills = topskillsfield.getItemAt(j).data;
                } else {
                    selectedTopSkills += ", " +
topskillsfield.getItemAt(j).data;

            trace("selectedTopSkills: " + selectedTopSkills);
        }
my trace ouputs the following: selectedTopSkills: Written Communication,
Networking, Public Speaking, Negotiation, Strategic Planning

When I use the following in my variables, the number of selections (5) is
posted to db.

I need to post "Written Communication, Networking, Public Speaking,
Negotiation, Strategic Planning" to the db.

var variables:URLVariables = new URLVariables();
        variables.firstname = fnamefield.text;
        variables.lastname = lnamefield.text;
        variables.title = titlefield.text;
        variables.dept = deptfield.value;
        variables.email = emailfield.text;
        variables.nickname = mc_one.nicknamefield.text;
        variables.birthday = mc_one.birthdayfield.text;
        variables.anniversary = mc_one.anniversaryfield.text;
        variables.topskills = mc_two.topskillsfield.selectedIndices;
        variables.rightlefthanded = mc_three.radioGroup1.selection.value;
        variables.hometown = mc_four.hometownfield.text;
        variables.college = mc_four.collegefield.text;
        variables.achievement1 = mc_five.achievement1field.text;
        variables.achievement2 = mc_five.achievement2field.text;
        variables.photo = mc_six.photo.fileDisplay_txt.text;
On May 26, 2011, at 3:41 PM, Karl DeSaulniers wrote:

> .selectedIndex  ??
>

> On May 26, 2011, at 2:36 PM, DONALD TALCOTT wrote:
>
>> .selectedIndices
>
> Karl DeSaulniers
> Design Drumm
> http://designdrumm.com