Interestingly enough - I installed the latest drivers from NVidia on windows
(bootcamp/2010 - 13" MBP), and Stage3D performance dropped to 2-3 FPS just like
on OSX.

Also, I think some games on OsX use vine/windows emulator - which is why they
are slower. Not sure if Valve have native code or not for OsX, but - i also
hope they bridge the gap with OsX a little more.