I don't think that it makes sense to categorise every class in terms of the MVC trinity.

Classes that implement the MVC pattern, sure, but not everything else.

There's no need to put a sound processing class within the view class hierachy, even if the view uses it to play audio from the model. It would make it harder to see the actual classes involved in implementing views. A given class could be used inside a view and also in a controller.